Monday, June 23, 2008

Thinking India

1 comments


In little over two weeks, it will be the 'Southasian homies' in streets of Mysore! I am not sure if the strong climatic pattern of summer monsoon remains unaffected by the global warming, but it would be disappointing not to experience the rain!(This neatly designed poster of "honeymoon tourism" in Kerala would not make all that sense otherwise!)

I am as unprepared for India as I was for the US. The unpreparedness, however, does not take anything away from the utter fascination that the very idea of spending a semester in India brings about.

I am not sure if my self-designed- and often exaggerated - Southasian identity will serve me well in South India. It could easily come as a surprise.

It still feels like a massive homecoming though. And I can not have enough of James Taylor's 'Carolina in My Mind' tonight...